This page is loaded with an installation guide on how to install the latest version of Kodi Krypton on Mac operating system. As you all might be aware of that, Kodi is officially available for several operating systems such as Mac OS, iOS, Windows, Linux, Android, Raspberry Pi, and other. If you use any of these operating systems then you can easily download and install the latest version of Kodi to enjoy the content that is available on the internet and your home network. This post is specifically for users who are using Mac OS, check out the step by step installation guide shared in the next section to know how to successfully download and install the official Kodi Krypton.
Kodi is an open source application which allows users to stream content that is available on the internet and home network. Kodi is one of the most popular streaming application which is used by people around the world to stream all sort of content such as movies, songs, videos, Live sports, TV Shows, and much more. As mentioned above that Kodi is officially available for multiple operating systems and through this post, we’re going to install Kodi on Mac OS, so let’s understand the step by step installation guide.
Important Note: Before jumping to the installation guide here is the answer to the most commonly asked question “Is Kodi Legal?” Yes, Kodi is legal, it is just a streaming application which allows users to stream content. However, one must be very cautious while installing any third party add-ons. You might get into legal trouble if you are streaming content from the unauthorized third party add-on. Make sure to double check the authenticity of add-on before actually installing it.
How to Install Kodi for Mac OS – Step by Step Guide
Here is the step by step installation guide to download the install the latest Kodi Krypton on Mac operating system. Installing Kodi on Mac operating system is much simpler than installing on any other operating system. Make sure follow the steps carefully, refer to the images for easy and better understanding. So without wasting any time, let’s follow the steps and in the end, you will have Kodi installed on your Mac.
- Visit the official page of Kodi to download the latest official Kodi Krypton. Offical Kodi page: https://kodi.tv/download
- Now you need to choose the operating system, so select Mac.
- A popup will appear on your screen where you need to choose the type of release.
- As you can see that there is two type of releases which are available. One is Release and other is Nightly. Both are for 64 bit. Choose anyone as per your choice or wish.
- The download will start automatically, make sure you have an active internet connection with high speed so that download process can take place fastly.
- If your download is complete then let’s begin the installation process. In Mac OS, you have to make some changes in the settings in order to install application from different sources other than Mac App store.
- While installing Kodi, you might get a Warning message from Gatekeeper stating a Warning. But there is no problem. This is an official Kodi and you are downloading the official Kodi form their official Home Page.Kindly Ignore that warning.
- In order to permanently ignore this warning, you need to make some changes in the settings, so click on System Preference>>>Security and Privacy>>>Allow Applications Downloaded From>>>Anywhere.
- Now Drag and drop the Kodi to the Applications Folder on your Mac Desktop. Now Kodi Application is ready for use.
So this is the method to download and install the Kodi on Mac operating system. This process is quite simpler as a comparison to installing Kodi on other operating systems.
Best Kodi Add-ons, Skins, and Builds for Mac OS
Kodi allows users to make Now you have Kodi installed on your Mac operating system, so why not install the best Kodi add-ons, skins, and builds to make your Kodi more exciting and enjoyable. Check out the links shared below:
Important Kodi Installation Guides:
If you use any other operating system then you might be interested in the following installation guides.
- How to Install Kodi on Windows
- How to Install Kodi on Linux
- How to Install Kodi on Android
- How to Install Kodi on iOS
- How to Install Kodi on Raspberry Pi
- How to Install Kodi on LG Smart TV
- How to Install Kodi on Chromecast
Now you know how to download and install Kodi on Mac, use the method shared above to successfully install the latest Kodi Krypton on your Mac. Hopefully, this guide is helpful, if yes, then why not share this piece of information with other people as well who might be seeking for this information. Check out other installation guides to make your Kodi more enjoyable and better. Keep checking this site for more Kodi related updates and information.
Leave a comment below, if you have any query or feedback. Your feedback is important to us. Keep on checking this site for useful information on Kodi.