Google chromecast is the best source of streaming media on TV through phones, tablets. Chromecast is a device that connects your smart devices through WiFi. But not everything will happily cast its content onto your TV via Google’s chromecast, such as the popular open-source network media player Kodi also known as XBMC. While Kodi is an open source app which allows users to stream the content that is available on the internet and home network.
There is no official version of Kodi for chromecast so users have to download Kodi and then configure Kodi using different ways (explained below) to stream to the Chromecast. Kodi does not support Chromecast by default. Don’t worry we are here to describe you step by step procedure to install Kodi on your android device so can easily cast on Google Chromecast. Read the information below to what Chromecast is, how to install Kodi on Chromecast and more.
What is Google Chromecast?
The google chromecast is a simple and easy way to stream content on your TV. Google chromecast makes your ordinary TV into smart TV, you can cast youtube, Netflix and many more.. or you can also mirror your phones. Google chromecast mirror only Android devices.
Google Chromecast easily plugged into HDMI port powered by a USB cable. Chromecast works perfectly with multiple operatic systems and devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android phone, and tablet, Mac and Windows laptop, and Chromebook.
How to Install and stream Kodi to Chromecast from a Phone or Tablet :
Here is the process to stream Kodi on chromecast. This process is valid only for the Android we can’t stream Kodi content to Chromecast from an iOS device.
There are two ways i.e Long Process and Short Process
Few Things Required For Installation:
Here are few things that a user must have before starting the process of installation.
- ES File Explorer
- Kodi File
- XML file
Long Process :
- Download App ES File Explorer, Kodi, LocalCast and .xml file PlayerFactoryCore.
- Now Open ES File Explorer app, open Settings > Display settings and make sure “Show hidden files” is ticked.
- Next, make sure your Kodi or XBMC media center is connected to the Kodi app.
- Once done, go into ES File Explorer again and open the Downloads folder.
- Here you should find the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file you downloaded earlier.
- Copy the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file and navigate to Android > Data and look for either “org.xbmc.kodi” or “org.xbmc.xbmc” depending on which streamer you use. Kodi will be “org.xbmc.kodi”
- Once open, click through Files > kodi > userdata and then paste the PlayerFactoryCore.xml file into this folder.
- Open Kodi and navigate to the video file you want to watch.
- Kodi will then automatically launch LocalCast – although Android will ask you which casting app you would like to use
- Once loaded, you’ll be prompted to press “Play” and asked which device you’d like to stream to
- You’ll then have to click “Play” one more time, and finally, it should play on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Short Process :
- Open Chromecast app on your Android device
- Open the menu and select the “Cast screen/audio” option and follow the instructions to connect to your Chromecast
- Open Kodi
- Find the video you want to watch and press play
- It will now play out across both devices, but you can’t turn your screen off or take calls.
Install and stream Kodi to Chromecast from PC :
- Download Chrome browser and the Chromecast app, as well as ensuring you have a Kodi or XBMC client installed on your computer
- Install Chrome and its Chromecast casting extension
- Open Chrome and select the “Cast” option from your Chromecast extension
- Where you see “Cast this tab to…” on the right will be a small down arrow, click it and select “Cast entire screen (experimental)”
- Once done, your entire computer desktop should be streaming to your TV
- Open Kodi
- Now you can cast Kodi on Google Chromecast.
Now you know all the methods to install Kodi on chromecast, pick the method that you understand better. We hope that you will be able to successfully install Kodi on Chromecast.
That was all about How to Install Kodi on Google Chromecast and Step by step tutorials to How to Install Kodi on Google Chromecast, hope you guys like this article, but if you have any problem regarding this article, then, please comment below, we will reach you and solve your problem as soon as possible.