Kodi is essentially an open source software media center which allows its users access to all kinds of content, be it videos or music. Users can run this content on any device they want to; televisions, laptops, Mac, Android, FireStick, tablets and more.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime, which is also known as Amazon Instant Video is one of the most famous and best on-demand streaming services around. It is considered to be the biggest competitor to Netflix as it has one of the largest collections of movies and TV shows. Initially, Amazon Prime services were only available in the United Kingdom, United States of America and Germany. But in the recent past, the VOD launched it on a global scale.
To use this add-on, you will need to have an APIV account. A major benefit using this is that you will get to watch your favorite Amazon programmes via Kodi and watch its different versions. It is a must-have for all Kodi users. Since Kodi is an open source software, many developers have taken it upon themselves to create add-ons for the platform. These developers are nonetheless divided into two groups. The add-ons created by a developer and present in the official Kodi Repository is known as official and legal add-ons. All others are unofficial ones. This is one of the major reasons why it is always recommended that you use a VPN while installing Kodi add-ons to protect your privacy.
Steps to Install Amazon Prime Add-on for Kodi
Since Amazon video is considered to be one of the biggest rivals to world-famous Netflix, its wide user base was extremely happy to see it being introduced on Kodi. The users need an account to access the Amazon Prime add-on. Amazon add-on is not a part of the official Kodi repository. It is supported by the team LordK. Since there is presently no official Kodi plugin for Amazon Prime, you can download it as an unofficial add-on from a repository. You can use the Kodinerds or the Lord repository for this, which you will first need to install if you do not already have it.
This example uses the Lord repository
- Start with the installation by going to Kodi and choosing the settings option.
- The next screen will show you multiple rows of icons.
- Click on the one that says File Manager.
- The next screen will be divided into two; choose Add Source on the left side.
- When the box pops up, select the highlighted word that says < None> When prompted, enter http://fusion.tvaddons.ag and click on okay.
- Next, enter the name fusion in the name field. Feel free to call it something else, as long as you know what it is. Again hit OK, and OK again to exit the box.
- From here, return to the Home Screen. This time, click on Add-ons.
- On the top left, there will be an icon there that looks like a box. Select the icon.
- Next, choose Install from Zip file.
- If you are installing an unofficial add-on for the first time, you will see another screen. Simply click Settings, and move the slider next to Unknown Sources to the right. Say Yes to the warning screen.
- The warning message is just letting you know that there is risk involved. The Kodi team has added that type of message for the first time. After seeing the unknown sources slider again, go back a screen and click on Install from zip file. When you see the screen below, choose the line that says fusion > Kodi-repos > English > repository.xlordkx-x.x.x.zip.
- After going through those steps, wait a few moments until you get the message that tells you that the xlordKx Repo is enabled.
- Next, choose the option above the last one that says Install from a repository. Choose the xlordKx Repo > Video add-ons > Amazon Prime Instant Video.
- When you see the add-on information screen below, choose the Install button. Wait for a few moments and a message will let you know that the add-on is enabled. Go back a few screens until you see the Add-ons screen.
- Make sure you have Video Add-ons highlighted and choose Amazon Prime Instant Video.
Installing this add-on on the Jarvis edition of Kodi;
- Start by opening Kodi Jarvis on your device and then go to the home screen.
- Click on the option that says System.
- After that, click on Add-ons and then choose install from zip file and click on the file that you have saved which is labeled as repository.xLordx-1.0.0.zip.
- Now, wait for the notification message. Once you receive it, select the option of installing from a repository and then select XLordX Repository.
- Next, select the option that says Video Add-ons and after that, select the option of Amazon Prime Instant Videos.
- Next step would be to select the option that says install.
- Wait until you get the add-on enables notification and then access the add-on by going to the option of videos>add-ons> Amazon Prime Instant Videos on your home screen.
How to Install Kodi Amazon Prime?
- You need to firstly download the Kodi Nerds zip file.
- Open Kodi, then click on the Settings icon available at the top left corner.
- Then, click on System Settings >> Expert Mode >> Addons.
- You need to turn on the ‘Unknown Sources.’ Else you won’t be able to install the third party add-ons.
- There will be a warning pop up, click on Yes.
- You need to go back and click on the “Add-ons” option available on the home screen and then click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- It’s time to install from the Zip file that we’ve downloaded in the first step. It should be called repository.kodinerds-6.0.0.zip.
- There will be an add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from a repository.
- Choose KodiNerds.net Addons >> Add-on Repository.
- Click on the Sandmann79s repository and install it.
- Click on Install from repository again.
- Choose Sandmann79s repository >> Video Add-ons >> Amazon VOD.
- Choose “Addons’”>> “Video Add-ons”>> Amazon VOD from the Kodi homescreen.
Amazon Prime Video has reached a wide scale usage and fan-base in a short span of time. Amazon Prime is also available for a month-long free trial and then gives the option of monthly or annual subscriptions. A customer can enjoy unlimited movies, videos and television shows on Amazon Prime. Much like its major rival Netflix, Amazon Prime offers multiple exclusive deals to its users; which includes a multi-year licensing deal with HBO. Once you install Amazon Prime on your Kodi device, remember to sign in with your credentials to start watching your subscriptions. Unless you sign in with your Prime account, you cannot avail this feature. Once you do sign in, choose your region and then proceed. No matter which region of the world you are in, your favorite shows in the language you prefer will be ready and wait for you. Amazon Prime offers absolutely stunning value for money, offering an abundance of features like TV, movie, and music streaming as well as free next- day delivery on items and a whole lot more. Prime is basically some of the smartest money you can spend.
Q. Why use a VPN?
A. It will unblock geo-restricted Kodi addons. There are several Kodi addons which only works in particular region. With the use of VPN, you will be able to use whichever addon you want it does not matter where you are. With the help of VPN, you will be able to add more privacy and security to all of your online activities. You may have noticed several times that when you search or browse on websites your internet speed is superb but when you watch online videos the speed drop down dramatically and increases again when you browse. If this is the problem then it might be possible that your ISP is throttling your internet speed. Using a VPN will allow you to sort out this problem.
Q. What are the benefits of having Amazon Prime?
A. The benefits of Amazon Prime include free Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases on Amazon, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Prime Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library for $99 a year or $10.99 a month. Using Prime on Kodi enhances the overall experience of both as well.
So now you know how to install Kodi on Amazon Prime. If you’re facing any difficulty during the installation process, then do let us know through the comment section. We would love to hear your feedback. Keep on checking this site for more useful information related to Kodi.